Colin leads a team of neighbourhood chaplains and is on the staff at Hockliffe Street Baptist Church, Leighton Buzzard. Our team of chaplains aim to bring hope to our streets and encouragement to our local community.
If you are seeking to understand who God is and how you can get a new perspective on what life is all about please take a look around this web site to see videos and articles about who is Jesus, and how can I have faith. You will find many more short videos of short prayers and regular Thought Of The Day meditations on the Leighton Buzzard Neighbourhood Chaplains page and Youtube station.
Do you have questions? Are you feeling isolated and long to have a coffee and get together with others? These can be lonely times and it can be difficult to be positive. We are here to help, online and by phone. We are good listeners and plan to run some online friendship support groups called LifeofHope. Call us to find out more on 07731 794635 or email email@example.com
You may be wondering what the meaning of life is all about and may be interested in exploring spiritual things, please ask about our online Alpha courses.
What do we do?
- offer befriending support by phone and visit people in the community (keeping appropriate social distancing)
- offering confidential prayer – leave a message or text the Neighbourhood Chaplains Prayerline 07731 794635
- being an online presence – Prayers@One is on Facebook Live at 1pm every Monday, and Friday. Please join me for some short prayers and reflections to encourage us in these difficult times.
- See our Youtube channel for short videos and cartoons (designed for those interested in finding out about faith)
- Alpha online. This is an exciting series of videos exploring the big questions of life. Everyday we ask so many questions but we rarely get the chance to look at life’s big questions. This is a great place to look at why am I here? What is the meaning of life? etc . Click here to play the short intro video for Alpha here
What is the meaning and purpose of life? If there is a God how can I know? Why should I read and trust what the Bible says?
Christianity addresses these and the many other basic questions that human beings have asked since the dawn of time. Check out information on this website on exploring Christianity to find out more.